Nottingham Business Improvement District (BID) are recruiting for a Street Ambassador to join their small team based in Nottingham city centre. Street Ambassadors provide a street-based, proactive, customer service orientated role, communicating messages between Nottingham BID and its members.
No two days are quite the same as a Street Ambassador, but the main responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with the city’s businesses and communicating BID messages.
- Liaising with businesses, handling enquiries as they arise or referring these on to the relevant person.
- Assisting with the BID’s annual calendar or projects, campaigns and events.
- Presenting a warm welcome and a positive view of the city centre to its visitors.
- To help Nottingham look its best by reporting any instances or graffiti, rubbish or anti-social behaviour to the relevant contacts.
What we are looking for:
- A friendly person with experience in customer service roles and a passion for forming positive relationships with contacts.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and ability to work as part of a team as well as unsupervised.
- A passion for Nottingham and making the city a better place.
- An active lifestyle, as the role involves a lot of walking in the city centre – whatever the weather!
What we can offer:
- An annual salary of £17,500, increasing to £19,000 following a successful six month probationary period.
- 20 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays.
- Being part of a small, friendly team who genuinely care about making Nottingham a better place.
The role is 37.5 hours per week on a shift pattern. Some Saturday shifts may be required and shift patterns may be subject to change with appropriate notice.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an advanced CRB check prior to starting the role.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd September.